Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing

One of my best friends made this for me for lunch one day and I fell in love with it! It's so yummy and so good for you! I probably could eat this everyday for lunch. Here's how...

INGREDIENTS: (Salad)
2 ½ c. chopped romaine lettuce
1 can black beans, rinsed
¾ c. chopped tomato, seeded
¾ c. c. peeled, chopped jicama
¾ c. canned corn, rinsed
¾ c. thinly sliced radishes
Half a ripe avocado
1 red bell pepper, chopped
¼ c. crumbled feta cheese

INGREDIENTS: (Dressing)
¼ c. fresh lime juice
¼ c. olive oil
2 T. honey
2 T. finely chopped cilantro
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. jalapeno, chopped

Toss all the salad ingredients in a bowl. For the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss again. Season with salt and pepper if desired.

The salad doesn't save great if there are leftovers. If you know you won't eat it all, just toss some of the dressing with some of the salad. It saves much better when stored separate.

I got this recipe from my friend katie. Thanks Katie!

No comments: